Monday, December 6, 2010

School Updates


So, today is my registration date for the Spring 2011 semester. I definitely wanted to get registered today since the area I've decided to study is very full all the time. If I wait too long, I run the risk of missing out entirely on the classes I desire.

I've made the decision through months of critical thought and soul-searching to go into Early Childhood Education. Ultimately, I'd like to be a more understanding mother to my son, Cole. I also realize that while I enjoy schooling and love working a job, I think I'll truly be the most happy being a housewife and at-home care provider to my son, with the possibility of other small children.

I enjoy teaching my toddler and he's quite the little sponge. He's incredible to be around, but lacks social development due to his limited exposure to other small children, short of a few friends' children.

I also really desire to be the mom who keeps a pretty home, has dinner on the table for her working husband, and cares for the non-school aged children during the day. I truly crave that.

Here's something silly: I actually feel judged when I speak about this because I feel as if those who are pro-women's rights look at me like I'm the anti-feminist. When in reality, I truly desire this lifestyle.

I do not have a relationship that is domineered by my male partner. We both value each other's opinions and choices in every matter of our lives. B has been incredibly receptive of my honest to goodness leveling about my soul-searching results.

He is very supportive of my course plans (which I've mapped out based on pre-requisites) for the next two years. He is also incredibly supportive of my desire to educate myself as a daycare provider for Cole and our future planned children. Lastly, he 100% supports me if I choose to just be a stay-at-home housekeeper and child-rearer, but he also has offered 100% support if I choose to take my certification and take care of a few other small children for some form of monetary income from staying at home.

I love this man. And I'll be going back to school in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment