Sunday, December 19, 2010

Party Planning: Wood Signs

We found these little wood signs that were pre-stenciled with "Rainforest Cafe" and a leaf on them at the Dollar Tree Store. I picked them up planning to have them say clever things like "Don't Feed the Animals" or "Elephant Crossing" but when it came time to actually paint them up (read: two days before the party), we opted to paint them with more reasonable things.

My mom had the idea for "Out-Hut". I wanted something like Out-House, but thought it wasn't good for a Jungle. Brandon used a pencil to free-hand the letters and the shack. I painted it up. If you click the picture, you can see more detail. Doing the shack was very delicate and nerve-wracking. This directed the way to the bathroom.

My awesome B once again did my pencil free-handing. The little lizard was already on this pre-stenciled. B painted the lizard in and I painted in the "Go Wild!" This was hung over the gaming station of the party where we had an alligator ring toss game and a monkey bean bag toss game.

We decided to use the Tropical Cafe over the food section of the party.

Supplies: Wood Signs (Dollar Tree), Acrylic Paints (Michael's), Paintbrushes (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment