Thursday, December 23, 2010

Crafting Community?

I've never ever been a part of an outside crafting community of any sort. I'm really interested in sharing the things I make with those who have a similar interest in the creative juices. I'm also incredibly interested in people sharing their creative ideas, as many times I draw direct inspiration from them.

How would I have ever started down any crafting path without first taking inspiration from someone else?

My mother, who flawed though she may be, shares a fabulous sense of creative crafting genius with me -- introduced me to a new community. I call it a community because I'm not quite sure what to call it. It's very like facebook, only for crafters (stitchers to be more precise), and it's far more public. Granted, you can ramp up the privacy settings, but everyone can see everyone and chatter as they please unless you seriously change your settings.

It's quite a new experience. I'm not sure if I like it or if anything at all will grow from it, but it's neat to look around when I get a spare minute from the holiday rush. It's the first place short of this blog and thenest.com's craft board that I've ever posted pictures of the extent of my work. It's also the only place I've ever posted my blog link.

I'm not sure if I want this blog to be public, but I figure if there's one thing I'm sure of it, it's my extreme desire to share and inspire other people like me -- crafters, even would-be crafters. A crafting community seems the perfect place to share my blog, if I ever choose to share it anywhere.

All of that said, here's to more sharing from blog hits I get that are just happenstance, the community site: http://stitchtalk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment