Monday, December 27, 2010

Party Planning: Jungle Party Decor

So, these are starting to come later than late! But I finally retrieved a few pictures from my hard-drive.

I'll throw up a second post with the foody type details. But these are signs and some decorative aspects.

This was the sign we put outside the entrance door. There was hoof prints (cut from zebra fabric) leading up to the door from the parking lot. I even went through the trouble of spacing them the way they'd look in real life from a zebra walking. I didn't snap a picture of them before they were muddy and trampled. :(

Upon first walking in, you see two bundles of 6 of these. In yellow and green.

Weighted down by these!

And you have to walk under that. Unfortunately, I took most of my pictures post-party. The kids had taken my "Welcome to the Jungle" balloons home. The door pictured is the entrance/exit door. The balloons were by the door-side of the arch, but on opposite sides.

The food table is to the left in this picture. The favor basket and bags table is to the right.

My zebra fabric favor basket! This is the same fabric for the paw prints. There's a gift bag mess next to it because it was after the party. We put the bagged jungle chocolates in this basket and let adults and kids alike take them as they left.

The chocolates. These were divine! And tagged with my cute thank-you tags.

I used these large leaves under the serving dishes on the food table, as well as under the centerpiece bowls for the actual dining tables. Food table photos will be in a separate post.

This is my centerpiece set up. I got these leaves (by the dozen) from Oriental Trading. I believe you can find them in the Luau section of party decor. They were awesome. We used our monkey mix! Bought these bowls from Wal-Mart. Ribbon from Wal-Mart. Card-stock from Michael's.

Extra bushels of balloons randomly around the room. This was taken pre-party. My mom (backside) was prepping fruit for me while my Dad hung the jungle wall panels. I was doing balloons, table assembly and much more while B took Cole downtown to fetch the cake.

Finally, the view guests saw as they left! We had this printed at a Post-It store. It was 18" long, if I recall correctly. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment