Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Card

I wanted to make a Christmas card for my love, B. I wanted to do something insanely crafty so off I went. It had to have Christmas colors (Green and Red!) but also something love-y, thus the pink, which turned out excitingly well.

I downloaded a picture of a scrolly heart. I printed it and threw it over my red card-stock. I couldn't find my xacto blade, so I ended up having to use a utility knife!! I used the utility knife to score the paper and then grabbed teeny embroidery scissors to cut the pieces out. It was a total labor of love for the amount of time it took.

I wrote "I Love You" inside the heart on the face. The "sparkle" that is on the pink isn't from the paper. I used a spray-on adhesive to attach the red portion and it made the paper shimmer. At first I wasn't a fan but it gave it a special touch I ended up really liking. Then the inside!

I printed out a picture of us from our Spring Pictures with Trizza Grantham Photography. We were in green, white, pink, and denim. The colors were perfect! I free-handed a large heart for the other side of the card that I could write a message in. Here's what I wrote:

We fight. We laugh. We live. We drive each other crazy, but we're also each other's sanity. We make each other better people. Sometimes you make me want to tear my hair out, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't change you for a thing. I Love You. Merry Christmas, Baby!

In hindsight, I wish I had the foresight to type this all out in a pretty script font and just cut around it. Next year I shall capitalize on that!

The back of the card. Hand drawn heart with "Made with Love for APL <3 BB" His nickname is APL (apple is how we pronounce it but it stands for a long name I gave him when we first started dating in high school). BB is my nickname from him.

I had fun with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment