Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brandon's Stocking

I free-handed the design. Then I used my freehand as my template and started from the big and worked to the small using it piece by piece to cut out the appropriate colors. The hardest parts were the tiny details like the scarf and the hat's fabric sash. The beads sparkle so much more in real life. They're a silvery white and gorgeous.

I still need to line the inside to protect the stitching from stuffing the stocking. I also need to seal the bottom and long side, then this little baby can be hung in time for Christmas! Very pleased with how it came out.

Felt, Thread, Needles - JoAnn's
Glass Seed Beads - Mill Hill (online)
Spray on Adhesive - Wal-Mart

Update:

I took a strip of felt and used spray adhesive (Elmer's) to cover the inside stitching and protect it from items being stuffed around it.









Then I flipped it inside out, which is to say, I put the face of the stocking to the back of the stocking. I pinned it down and hand-sewed it shut. When I was done with the sewing it closed, I pulled it right side out and had a finished little stocking.

Here it is!















The "toe" isn't squared. I just didn't realize I hadn't fluffed it fully out when I took the picture. It has a perfect rounded toe on it. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment