Friday, December 17, 2010

About Me: Day 09

Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

I'd have to say a few things: my productivity is the core of the things I'm proud of. I'm proud of my stocking progress. I took it upon myself a few days ago to hand-make three stockings in time for use at Christmas morning. It's been quite the under-taking.

Hand-designed, hand-drawn, hand-cut, hand sewn (which was harder in some teeny pieces than others!). But the work has paid off. I made mine with lots of bead-work and am sadly disappointed in it when comparing it to the boys' stockings. Theirs are such beautiful wintry scenes and mine definitely lacks that.

I'll end up making myself a completely new one to fit into theirs in some way, but I have yet to decide what I want that to be, although I'm leaning towards something with birds. We shall see.

I'm also proud of the amount of school preparation I've gotten done in such a short time. I have my whole school semester planned, the hardest books purchased, and I've even scouted out the locations of my classrooms as they are in an area of campus I'm unfamiliar with. I've got my planner outfitted. I'm ready to rock.

I've also gotten the biggest load of wrapping done, including the wrapping my mother needed to get done herself. If you've seen how much my mom buys at Christmas, you'd understand just how big of an accomplishment that is in and of itself.

I'm proud of my productivity. I truly hope this is a trait that continues to carry on. I'll post a picture of Cole's stocking very soon, quite possibly tomorrow, but I'll link up some of B's in a few minutes. It's fabulous!

B's Stocking: Linky

No comments:

Post a Comment