Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Cake

I found this cake topper online and couldn't resist tracking one down for our cake. I didn't use too many hippos in his party design but thought these were too cute to ignore. I bought the topper for $4.99 from here.

Upon searching about, I saw the best reviews for Freeport Bakery. We went down there and bought the fruit basket cake to sample since it sounded delicious. It's the best cake I've had in my life! So, we ordered our cake from Freeport Bakery.

I had the idea in my head of what I wanted it to look like. This is what I gave them, telling them that it didn't have to be exact or perfect. They had creative freedom but this is my idea.

The cake was Fruit Basket. A half sheet. The price was right.
Our cake had three layers of white cake, filled with whipped cream, fresh cut bananas and strawberries. The topping was buttercream, colored. The "rocks" tasted like jelly beans. Sugary little bursts.
Cole was very happy with his cake. And so many people complimented the look and flavor. This cake was heavy!

The bakery was so amazing to work with. I will definitely go through them in the future and couldn't recommend them highly enough.

You can check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment