Saturday, December 18, 2010

About Me: Day 10

Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

You know, this question would be a lot easier to answer if I was a teen again. As a teen, I actually burned mixed CDs and named them "Happy Day Music" or "Sad Day Music". Now? Not so much.

I love a lot of really loud, kick your feet type of music for when I'm angry or hyped up. You know, the kind you get up and move to, like Bleed It Out by Linkin Park or Riot by Three Days Grace.

When I'm bored, I throw my ipod on shuffle and go. I have a lot of music from the 1920's on in all sorts of genres, so I cover a lot of ground that way.

When I'm happy and wanting to shake, I throw on the 80's for their awesome music or the perkier songs from Pink's Funhouse album. Her album, ironically, supplies a lot of sad music fodder as well.

Sad music is songs that I associate with sad times in my life or songs that have sad lyrics by the nature of their content. Bonnie Tyler, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Kelly Clarkson, Snow Patrol, Freddie Mercury (Queen), Jewel, Nick Lachey (You're the Only Place), Il Divo, Elvis, and the list goes on! Those are off the top of my head.

I have a lot of diversity in my music. I'm not a fan of R&B, hip hop, or rap. I scarcely listen to country music, but I'm slowly moving into that more. Gary Allan, Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Reba.

No comments:

Post a Comment