Friday, August 12, 2011

More Painting Projects

Since we picked up Martha Stewart's "Sisal" which was a perfectly light tan, I decided to repaint my "Welcome" sign.

When I began it years ago, I never finished it. It desperately needed an extra coat and I never even painted the ends!

Here it is in all its' glory now. I love it. I gave it two coats of "Sisal."

I also had this light blue "Family." In our Utah home, I had it sitting in my blue kitchen, so the color worked well. That light blue didn't shine so pretty in my living room -- which has navy tones. Since we had that gorgeous "Rich Navy" by Glidden on hand for the umbrella tin, I decided to repaint it with the navy paint.

I had to do three coats of this for it to show even. Photographing in the light, it looks "brighter" than the color is in person.

If you look at my umbrella tin navy, it is more true to the color.

An updated list of my Living Room To-Do

Living Room Still To Do:

- Hem the bottom of the curtains so they're at floor, but not piled up  (Seen here)

- Finish tie-back for the blinds  (Seen here)

- Repair the water damage on the wall under the AC unit (go bad landlord!)
- Move the boxes to the left of the media cabinet to storage
- Put new slipcovers on the sofas (when they get here agh!) (Seen here)
- Stain the furniture a nearly black color
- Add pillowcases to the throw pillows (Seen here)
- Acquire four more throw pillows
- Organize the media bookcase (buy some of these and store all of our dvd cases in storage -- cutting down on so much shelf space!) Update: We've bought two  four seven of them and want three one more to finish compiling our storage.
- Make cloth "curtain" for the media bookcase
- Acquire some sort of decorative element for the lamp shelving (Seen here and here)

- Build onto entertainment center (as seen here)
- Build entry storage case (as seen here) (Improvised here and a better shot here)
- Use extra paper from clock project to categorize the DVD storage cases.
- Finish pillowcases for new throw pillows
- Cut down dogwood branches in umbrella tin (Seen here)
- Get another basket for the shoe shelves (Seen here)
- Finish "word art" to hang above the shoe shelves
- Paint TV trays fun color like "Navy"
- Paint umbrella bucket with stripes (Navy?) (Seen here, here, and here)

- Finish "H" art to fill in hole of shoe cabinet

No comments:

Post a Comment