Friday, August 5, 2011

Small Changes with Big Impact

So, I wanted to fill my new hurricane vase with something. We came upon colored glass stones. After adding them, I didn't like how hard they were to see well and appreciate. I decided I could add a flameless LED votive but came to the trouble of figuring out how to have the stones hiding the candle.

I wanted the light to illuminate the stones, not sit on them.

When thrifting today, I came across a glass that was tall, but short enough to work. It cost me $1 and is wide enough to fit a votive in. I removed all the stones, placed the glass in, and filled the stones in around it. I added some stones to the glass to create a higher platform for the votive.

Overall, I'm pleased with the light peeking through. I used one of my Halloween votives to test how it would look. It shines through the stones fine. Unfortunately, the light is orange and flickers. I need to pick up one that is white/clear and shines brightly.

But I love the touch of color. Now, I need to dust that shelf.

I'll also be revealing one of my Goodwill finds in the next few days. It's going to be getting friendly with my bathroom after it has a makeout session with some paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment