Saturday, June 11, 2011

Updated Pictures for the House

So, we've made a few more changes and I have improved pictures of our living room to show off. There's still much to be done but here's the pictures + the To-Do List updated. Let's get down to business. I'll apologize for the messy "befores."

Couches Before


Couches After (The mess near the lamp is going soon and I didn't put the tray in between the sofas away -- I'm a slacker).

Look at these gorgeous pillowcases. I adore them!

This is the fabric I picked out for the new throw pillows. Just got to finish it up and they'll get to snuggle up to the blue ones.

Here's a better picture of my shoe shelf by the front door. I still need to get a second basket. The frame hidden behind the umbrella tin will eventually hang above the shelf with some "word" art in it. On the top to the far right is a sideways sign that reads "welcome".

I was planning to repaint the sign but with the slightly tan slipcovers, it ties the color in after all. I adore the little rectangle lamp on the shoe shelf and think it matches our corner lamp well.

Onto the curtains!

Curtain Before (note the crazy lack of space on the shelves too!)


Curtains After hemming (love). I think the hemming really improves the look so much! I also love how much space was opened up by just two of those storage cubes. Can't wait to order a few more.

I'll change out the little colored spots on the DVD storage using the extra paper I have from my clock. Depending on how clean this shelf looks after we get all the storage handled, I may opt not to bother with covered it with a curtain.


Living Room Still To Do:

- Hem the bottom of the curtains so they're at floor, but not piled up -- eww.
- Finish tie-back for the blinds
- Repair the water damage on the wall under the AC unit (go bad landlord!)
- Move the boxes to the left of the media cabinet to storage
- Put new slipcovers on the sofas (when they get here -- agh!)
- Stain the furniture a nearly black color
- Acquire a coffee table (stain to match other stained furniture) Update: Might not do this after all.
- Add pillowcases to the throw pillows
- Acquire four more throw pillows

- Organize the media bookcase (thinking to buy some of these and store all of our dvd cases in storage -- cutting down on so much shelf space!) Update: We've bought two of them and want 3-4 more to finish compiling our storage.
- Make cloth "curtain" for the media bookcase
- Acquire some sort of decorative element for the lamp shelving
- Build onto entertainment center (as seen here)
- Build entry storage case (as seen here) We bought some ClosetMaid storage at Target


Added List:


- Use extra paper from clock project to categorize the DVD storage cases.
- Finish pillowcases for new throw pillows
- Cut down dogwood branches in umbrella tin
- Get another basket for the shoe shelves
- Finish "word art" to hang above the shoe shelves
- Paint TV trays fun color like "Navy"
- Paint umbrella bucket with stripes (Navy?)

Well, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment