Monday, August 8, 2011

Umbrella Tin Makeover -- Part Two



Well, the umbrella tin flowers have proved quite resilient. Brandon expressed quite a bit of frustration over the trouble they were giving him with bleed through.

After two coats of primer, I still see pink!

After the first coat of paint -- what's that, pink?

By the third coat of paint, those flowers didn't stand a chance! I breathed a real sigh of relief.

The tin is looking quite pretty, if I don't say so myself. Onto the fine detailing.

We did three coats of paint inside and outside. After that was done, B painstakingly did minor touch ups on any spots or smudged areas.

I'm in love with it. I cannot wait to add the stripes. We're also planning to make a peek-a-boo blue bottom too. It's a vanity thing as no one should ever see the bottom. In Part 3, I'll show off the completed tin in all of its' stripey glory. Ideally back in its' home and filled with umbrellas and flowers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment