Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Umbrella Tin Makeover -- Part Three

Our original plan was to tape off where the stripes would be and paint them in. B decided he would prefer to free-hand them. While I would have loved clear and crisply defined lines, I agreed because the thing I love about DIY is that there is flaws.

I'm really happy with the lines. They run fat here and there, but overall, I'm impressed with B's handiwork.

I think the umbrella tin came out beautifully!

Here's a before.

And an after. I love how rich the navy color is!

Paint Colors Used: Glidden's "Rich Navy" and Glidden's "Icy Waterfall."

To view more detailed before pictures, click here.
To view in progress pictures and details, click here.

I'm pleased to cross off another thing on my living room to-do list. I'll have to post an updated version of that list really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment