Monday, June 27, 2011

Living Room Updates

Remember this list?

Well, we can cross a few things off of it. I've finished the tie-backs, received my throw pillows, started swapping out the color bubbles in the DVD organization, ordered two more DVD storage cases. Life is busy though. I have a lot to write about and little time to do it!

I'll break this down as quickly as possible. New throw pillows. I adore them and can't thank my Mom enough for making the cases for these. They pop so well against the colors. Couldn't be happier with them! B gave the fabric his thumbs-up and I was worried he'd hate it.

As for the tie-backs, I took these hooks which I believe we picked up at a Home Depot.

I then measured on the curtain tie-back where I'd need to make a button hole to secure the retro-fitted blinds tie-back. I cut off the excess fabric, hemmed it, hand-sewed my own button-hole, added a button and voila! Hooked the tie back onto the little hook, and we were set. I like them :)

No flapping blinds for us.

Now, to update my little list.

Living Room Still To Do:

- Hem the bottom of the curtains so they're at floor, but not piled up -- eww.
- Finish tie-back for the blinds
- Repair the water damage on the wall under the AC unit (go bad landlord!)
- Move the boxes to the left of the media cabinet to storage
- Put new slipcovers on the sofas (when they get here -- agh!)
- Stain the furniture a nearly black color
- Acquire a coffee table (stain to match other stained furniture) Update: Might not do this after all.
- Add pillowcases to the throw pillows
- Acquire four more throw pillows

- Organize the media bookcase (thinking to buy some of these and store all of our dvd cases in storage -- cutting down on so much shelf space!) Update: We've bought two  four of them and want 3 more to finish compiling our storage.
- Make cloth "curtain" for the media bookcase
- Acquire some sort of decorative element for the lamp shelving
- Build onto entertainment center (as seen here)
- Build entry storage case (as seen here) We bought some ClosetMaid storage at Target


Added List:


- Use extra paper from clock project to categorize the DVD storage cases.
- Finish pillowcases for new throw pillows
- Cut down dogwood branches in umbrella tin
- Get another basket for the shoe shelves
- Finish "word art" to hang above the shoe shelves
- Paint TV trays fun color like "Navy"
- Paint umbrella bucket with stripes (Navy?)

Oi, I don't feel like I've made much progress after all. Here's to kicking into gear and finishing up my DVD storage. I have two new ones waiting to be filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment