Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Check on my Living Room To-Do

I'm working on small details in the living room. I went to Target the other day in search of drugs for the food-poisoned boyfriend. While there, I managed to notice the clearance rack of the candle aisle. I saw three possibilities for my living room.

Medium blue pillar vase. This one wasn't really a blue that I have in my living room so it was the third runner up for me. In person, this blue is more of an aqua than the navy hue.

First place winner for me was the mosaic pillar vase. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice and it wasn't on the clearance rack. It goes from light blue to dark blue. Gorgeous!

The second place runner up for me was this jewel. It's white glass that bubbles out, with black trim around the bubbles. After picture text-messaging the sick boyfriend, this was B's favorite so it became our winner for $8.78.

I think the size is perfect for the lamp!

But then came the decision of what to put within it. My first thought was that a candle was off limits due to the light directly above it. Flowers were out because they'd block access to our light switch, which ruins practicality for me.

I finally decided that adding some colored glass stones would do the trick!

I'll post a follow-up when we complete project: fill-in decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment