Saturday, August 6, 2011

Umbrella Tin Makeover -- Part One


Say goodbye to the ugly flowers!

The tin had scuffs, chipped paint, and was very dirty. We gave it a good wipe-down with a wet washcloth.

The flowers seriously made me want to die. I've been hiding them and had placed them in permanent time-out facing my wall. I almost didn't buy this tin for $3 at Goodwill simply because of the eyesore the flowers were.

The inside paint is two coats thick. It's Glidden's Rich Navy. We're intending to add one more coat before being completely satisfied with it.

We had a different objective with the blue paint then we've used it for so far. I'm happy with our choice to make a peek-a-boo inside though!


Look at the gorgeous blending! He's putting one coat of primer from Behr on the outside.

Having a boyfriend who has painted professionally for 7+ years has it's benefits. He's my paint champion. I love how it's looking so far.

Part Two will be making a debut on Monday with a completion estimated on Tuesday. I'm thinking I might send before/after pictures to a blog I stalk: Better After.

No comments:

Post a Comment