Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas

Our hallway is too narrow to put any sort of table in it -- short of a full blown six inches wide table --, and feels so bare to me. So I'm working on making it a gallery hallway. It will look similar to this:

I'm going to be using a method similar to Young House Love for hanging them up. You can view how they did it here. I've cut out papers in the frame sizes. I just need to lay out my frames in a style I like and work from there. We need to pick up a measuring tape and perhaps a level and we're set to go green on it. Our difference is light gray walls (white crown molding + baseboard) and black frames.

I want some sort of desk for studying in our bedroom. Something I can spread out schoolwork on and have space to work. But I also want it to be able to double as a craft space, which is to say, I want to be able to fit storage underneath it somehow and a sewing machine on it when need be plus room to cut fabrics or whatever my need be. Here's a couple tables I saw online.
But at $190+, they're a bit out of my decorating the house budget for the time being. :(

I am thinking about making a simple Ana White style table like so. I love the simplicity of this. Pictured below.

1 comment:

  1. AZ Organic Oils aims to provide its customers
    with authentic natural and organic skincare
    products in Pakistan.


    Essential Oils

    Carrier Oils

    ReplyDelete