Monday, May 9, 2011

House To-Dos and Future Pretties!

I've been working on a to-do list for the house. There's so much I want to do decoratively! B has said that after this job he's starting tomorrow, I can have $300 to use as I see fit on the house. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I'm usually okay to spend a little here and there for things for the house (I love thrifting and craigslist!), but to have that much money to work with? Yes please! I realize that from a decorative stand-point, $300 won't go very far, but I can stretch it if I shop sales and deals.

So, here's my to-do list on our house.


Living Room

Paint Furniture (Black/Dark stain)
Build TV Center
Make Cover for Movie Bookcase
Make Throw Pillows for Couches
Get Paper for Clock
“Last Name” Wall Art
Buy Compact Holders for DVDs
Get Shoe Rack/Shelving
Get New Lamp
Get Sofa Covers (White)

Bathroom

Get something covered for Cole’s bath toys (Small Cabinet?)
Get a second rug
Get alternate soap dispenser

Dining Area

Plate Display Rack
Get canvases to paint
Paint Canvases for over table art
Finish Bird Plates
Get new table + chairs

Kitchen

Organize counters (black storage + bread box)
Put away excess stuff
Get sponge/under counter organization
Alternate soap dispenser

Hallway

Get first aid organization
Cut newspapers and finish layout
Fill frames
Hang frames

Cole’s Room

Finish Cole’s Nightstand + Knob
Finish Cole’s Dresser
Get new knobs for dresser
Get Bookcase
Get Toy Organization


Master Bedroom

Get a desk
Get organization for Crafting supplies (possibly around the desk)
Organize scrapbooking cabinet
Paint Furniture (White!)
Get Wall Art
Make Bed
Get Bedding

I'd like to focus the $300 on things that will stretch far and in the most public areas -- my kitchen, hallway, bathroom, dining area, and living room. B wants to start having game nights and the like over here and while I support that 100%, I really, really want a pretty house for that sort of business.

As it stands now, I'm planning to use the money to buy the painting supplies needed (White for bedroom, black/dark stain for living room furniture). I'll also invest in some sort of shelving for by the front door where we keep our shoes (and use a fabric cover to hide that ugliness!). The most expensive thing I'm planning to use the money on -- as a single item -- is slipcovers. I desperately want my sofas to match!

We inherited a red floral print couch and an olive green one. They're both ugly and I want them to match. I've been using an olive green blanket to cover the red floral couch, but it has to be put back on multiple times daily thanks to the critters and toddler. I can't wait to have something tight fitted to the couch!

I'm sure my $300 will go much further than the things I've listed. I just haven't set anything in stone quite yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment