Saturday, April 30, 2011

Halloween Wreath

So I realize that Halloween is quite far away. Here's the story: I bought all of the supplies for this wreath last year around Halloween. I took them home, pre-arranged them to look how I liked them and then... couldn't find my glue gun. I assumed it must be packed in storage, looked there. No gun. So surely it must be in my boxes at home? The holidays were close and distractions were fierce. We got moved in and things have slowed down.

We've unpacked every single box and... no glue gun. So today, I went to Michael's and bought a new mini glue gun at a whopping $2.50, along with a pack of 100 mini sticks for $9.99. I have two projects that have been on hold while I await a gun so I've accomplished the first: my long forgotten wreath! I'm so satisfied with the results.

I bought everything at Michael's last Halloween. I used ribbon, glass ornament balls, two little ornaments, a "Boo" sign, and a black base wreath. I moved the little spring bat onto the back of my purple/black swirl bat and pinned him to the sign so he'd pop out. I toyed with creating a little bow of the ribbon for the bottom left, but decided to just leave the two trail-off ribbons. I think it's really cute.

Here's a close up of the Boo sign without the glare of the camera flash. How cute is that?
I adore the wreath. Did I tell you I adore this wreath?

No comments:

Post a Comment