Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slipcover Love

So I've been scouring the internet and stores for a month now, looking for the perfect slipcover. I want a fabric that will wash easy and is stain resistant for what I would hope are obvious reasons. Another big factor in turning my nose up to twill, duckcloth, and cotton slipcovers is: I want white. I've heard the former fabrics stain easy and are hard to clean. No go!

So my problem is this: I want white slipcovers. My couches clash. They are ugly and they don't go with the room colors (or each other) at all. They absolutely must be covered, probably more so than anything else in my house. I have $300 to decorate with. I cannot find a microfiber or microsuede slipcover in white for less than $180 -- a piece. I need two. No can do.

Yesterday, I stumbled on these.

On my screen, they don't look "off white" as described. I think they look light tan. My cousin says they're "off-white" on her screen. My friend says they're "cream" on his. Okay then. Two votes against me. I'll give them a shot. I figure if worst comes to worst, there will be black/white/navy blue pillows on them and that will work okay with light tan color-wise.

They're on ebay, for under $50 a piece, which is within my budget. I'm not a fan of the ties hanging out on the side/front, but frankly -- for what I'm getting:

- microsuede (stain resistant + easy clean)
- fitted covers
- "white"
- under $50 each

I'll take it. After shipping, tax, and purchase, I'd spend $105.06 on these puppies. And be left with $194.94 for decorating. I think I'm going to ask that lumber not come from my decorating fund, in exchange for purchasing the staining supplies instead. That will free up a bit to get a few more things. Curtains are another big one to me, as well as a second bathroom rug.

The seller has 3 of each and I'm hoping there is still some when I'm given my fun money next week. Cross your fingers for me! I can't wait to order them and get the first major thing done in my public room.

No comments:

Post a Comment