Monday, May 16, 2011

Lots of New Juice


Well, really, just lots of new ideas to toss around. I'll apologize in advance for the sloppy home photos. I seriously took them before straightening up, because I had a napping baby and free time to shoot! We'll work on the dining area today. There's a lot to talk about!

I have wood toned furniture throughout the house. I'm not a fan of it, unless it's dark. I want it dark or not at all! In the bedrooms, I prefer white furniture. Anyhow, we're debating between staining the table & chairs a dark wood stain, painting them black or white. We're leaning towards going black currently -- but we'll see how we feel in the near future (read: crunch time).

I also want to reupholster the chair cushions. The fabric is old, worn, and frankly - ugly. It would be my first reupholster job and I'm nervous, but excited. Here's what I'd love to do for seating -- a checkered pattern!

It would really tie into my live-laugh-love words above the sink, while giving a fun dimension to the kitchen.

Back to the kitchen. See that big, empty wall over the table. We need to fill it up! For Mother's day, I got a blank canvas (very thoughtful, right?). I just need to find two to match on either side and then I get to make my own art for over the table. I'm thinking blue, black, and white (but a lighter blue instead of the navy like my tablecloth). And I'm thinking of a tree. Here's the way we want the canvases to look placed next to each other.

I adore the little birdies and the whimsical feel of this art, but I'm sure I won't go quite like that. Artist found here.

I didn't take a picture (like a slacker) -- but I have an ugly heater vent in my kitchen -- much like the one you can see in the picture of my hallway a few posts back! There's empty space on either side that looks so lonely so I got two tall and thin canvases to create something for either side. I love this art, which I saw on etsy (sadly out of my willing-to-pay-budget) and want to replicate it, to an extent.

Painting can be found here.

I want to do one black backing, one white, but probably replicate the branch styles in panel #2 & panel #4. More on that as it actually happens.

I have a lot more ideas for the kitchen, but I'll save them for when I actually get some fruition going on in regards to them! It felt like time to check in. I'm getting so much closer to my decorating money and so excited about it. Time to let the wheels spin and make it happen.

PS. Our new tape measure and level arrived today! I'm sure I'll do something with my gallery wall tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment