Friday, May 27, 2011

Making My Home Over

I've officially ordered my slipcovers! I'm very excited and crossing my fingers that they work well. You can see where I posted about them here and order some yourself here or here.

Total for the two slipcovers: $105.88. Normally, I'd balk at a price like that, but given $300.00 to work with and the serious need to cover the mismatched sofas I've inherited, I was happy to put it out there.

My new balance was $194.12.

I knew I wanted to get a second bathroom rug. Our bathroom is a nightmare of epic proportions in size. It makes me feel like there's too much dead space.

A second rug kind of killed that extra bare floor, which I'm pleased with. Plus the Canopy brand rugs are so soft on the toes! I definitely don't mind having a little more to make toe-love to.

The rug put me out $12.87 and the odd trip to Wal-Mart. Since our trip to Washington last month, B and I have gone out of our way to not shop at Wal-Mart. We watched a documentary about it and felt sick. BUT, I wanted a second rug and already had one.

I'd rather trash the first rug then go mis-matched, so we made a special exception with the understanding that it would be forgone from then on.

New Balance: $181.25. I've got the curtains in the works but to save on a huge blog post, I'll save that for another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment