Friday, May 27, 2011

Curtains

Instead of just having inspiration pictures and a color in mind, I now know where I'm buying my curtains. Originally, I intended to make my own but before going into the world of buying fabrics and supplies, I decided to look at my already-made options.
 I found some! The curtains I found are big: 57" wide x 98" long each panel. They come with tie-backs and hemming tape to hem to a length you want. They are IKEA curtains being sold on ebay and after shipping + their overpriced starting price, I was looking at $45 more for the four panels than I would pay by just buying from my local IKEA. They're in stock at my local IKEA. Consider me sold. You can find them here.

We also planned to buy wooden dowels, and wooden round knobs to make our own curtain rod, but when I saw the price of all the components put together from Lowes & Home Depot, I scrapped that in lieu of these little pretties. I'm not crazy in love with the finials, but B sure is and that's enough for me.

We plan to let them free hang like our inspiration picture here. I'll use the tie-backs to make the tie-back for my fully opened blinds. I hate having the window open and hearing the blinds slap each other around. We're going to add a small hook in each window and tie-back the blinds.

We're going to IKEA today to pick them up. To say I'm excited might be an understatement. Between the curtains and the slipcovers, I think our living room will look like a very different monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment