Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gallery Hallway - In Progress

I've started to make some headway on the gallery hallway. I anticipated wanting a clean, organized look but decided that chaos would better fit our lifestyle.

First, a look at my teeny between doorway wall, which is clean and organized. Pictures of Cole with his dad.

Then a look at the taping off. I used painter's tape to mark my highest and lowest point (based on the daddy-son mini gallery I've got up already).

Then I just started tacking them wherever I saw fit. I started with a pattern in my head and quickly abandoned that when I saw just how many random frames I had on hand to work with.

There are still gaps and I've yet to decide what to put in them, likely more funky frames.

And of course, you can see some frames don't even have pictures in them quite yet! But I think having this picture hallway is such a vast improvement to the bare walls that were there before.

I like it. Now to finish filling up this side and start on the opposite wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment