Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Craft?


I've been coveting the ability to make my own clothing for a long time now. I landed on a craft blog where the blogger actually used the weirdest combination (sports bra + sweatshirt) to create an adorable and incredibly form flattering dress. For $6.

It's no secret I'm a huge dress nut. If I could wear cute, casual dresses every day of my life, I would. So the appeal of a $6 dress that's cute, casual, and just my style/color combination is amazing.

I browsed my way onto a blog called crafterhours (cute!) and found a whole load of free skirt patterns complete with tutorials.

I think this is the first skirt I'll attempt making. I have a store bought dress skirt like this and love how sophisticated and professional I feel in it. Not to mention girly and old fashioned dance worthy. :)

If all goes well, I'll practice making a couple in cute patterns and possibly considering adding an adorable embellishment like this to one so that I have a variety and a cheap, easily-filled wardrobe. Fist pump anyone?

I think the second easiest trial run to make is this! Which I also love the look of. I'm not expecting my first few drafts to come out well, but my mother has an amazing sewing machine (she's a quilter) so I can hopefully practice quite a bit and improve my sewing all along the way.

Who knows, I might be able to raid her old fabric for test runs before I go all crazy and buy tons of supplies as I tend to do in crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment