Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Craft Hope: Project 9

Craft Hope has issued the new crafting challenge.

You can read about it here: Linky

This challenge is near and dear to me due the fact that it involves cancer. I think everyone can relate to cancer in some way, since it seems to affect so many!

My older sister had leukemia at the age of 2. She has thankfully been in remission for over 20 years now.

A boy we knew developed leukemia while we were in middle school. He was around the age of 10. He died a year later after a long and difficult battle with what turned out to be two types of cancer.

My beloved grandmother had a bout of breast cancer four years back. With chemo, radiation and a double mastectomy, she has lived to tell the tale. :)

Anyhow, the project is simple: Make standard sized pillowcases in happy colors to give this organization: ConKerr Cancer. They'll be distributing these happy pillowcases to children suffering from cancer and other potentially fatal diseases, to try and cheer them up a little in the midst of their difficult time.

I like it. :)

I also happen to know my Mother is a bit of a fabric hoarder. Pretty much any type of fabric you could take an interest in, she's got. She's a big time crafter and ironically, she recently asked me to start unloading them from her storage to pull out and sell off. There is, quite literally, a good fifteen 10-gallon tubs full of fabric and half finished projects.

I'm starting to think perhaps I've inherited her laziness in crafting. This is something I should probably address. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment