Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blast From The Past & Story

So I decided to go looking for my old art. I used to be pretty heavy into drawing and writing fiction. I stopped. I perhaps completed one story but had literally a good thirty-forty ideas or beginning chapters. Some stories went up to six chapters long before I stopped.

As for art, I have all sorts of inspirational scraps. I raided my high school filing cabinet (which served a dual purpose de-cluttering) and found a huge stack of printed stories. I found very few actual drawings. Plenty of old receipts from high school or college. Lots of college essays and the like, graded. High school/college notebooks. YM magazines from early 2000's!

In hindsight, I wish I had taken a picture of all the mess. I had 3-4 huge piles of paperwork to go through! And read through.

This is definitely not me and my mess wasn't nearly this bad (I would seriously cry!). But you get the idea. ;)

It was a lot of fun to find all my old stuff and read through it. I'm always amazed to see how much I've matured as a writer and remember how awesome I thought I was back then when I looked at it. Make sense?

So, the point in this drastically long post: I decided to start revising and fixing my old stories up. This requires re-typing all the bits and pieces I have which is a time investment, but would be rewarding to look back on later on. I'll keep a typed original copy with a circa to it, then make a separate revision to show progression. Fun!

My cousin and I were best friends in high school and co-wrote two stories. The second story we only made to Chapter 8 before we had a split up. Childish high school drama. We've been close again for years now. We've began e-mailing each other revisions to revive our unfinished story and make a more realistic approach to it. I'm very happy and will likely post some sort of teaser here just for the heck of it when we start moving past the planning stage. I'm excited about the little details. :)

In closing, I should make a totally crafty place to store all my mess of keeps. I promise I downsized over 75% of it. I have a half pile left, if that, including the mess of stories. Pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment