Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fun, Fun!

I spent the day out and about with my best friend. We went browsing and shopping at four places across the city. :) I did happen to get a lot of my paper products for the invitations.

My bestie suggested a really cute idea that I'm going to use. I found very cute jungle animal beads and couldn't think of anything to do with them. She suggested using natural hemp or twine to create a tassel to attach them to the invite.

I think I'll use the spine of the card to wrap them on. Now to display them inside the card or the outside is the real question!

I'm also seriously considering whether or not I want to have Cole in safari (khaki) garb when the day of the party rolls around. Khaki pants and a button up shirt with safari cap.

We shall see!

Before the fun of today, we had a much stressful day. Before the much stressful day, we had a nice present.

B and I went browsing at a craft store called Ben Franklin Crafts in Grass Valley. They had so much more product/craft suggestion wise than I've ever experienced at Michael's and Joann's! I loved their store. Sad the only one local is 45+ minutes away.

They kept a lot of already completed crafts and I fell in love with two bead bracelets. A periwinkle colored one and a clear one. The beads are the kind that have the rainbow sheen (aurora borealis?). B surprised me by dropping the clear one on the checkout counter.

Pictures don't do it justice! It's reversible.

B went on to injure himself at work the following day. He had to get six stitches at the clinic. And his finger is badly sprained, possibly broken. Poor guy. Picture to follow of the "gore".

I'll post a fun and quick (cheap!) craft after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment