Sunday, December 19, 2010

Party Planning: Favor Bags


















I finally dragged the missing one from the party box mess. I figured it was pretty overdue. Plus I was being productive already for the day and decided to add that to the list of things to finally get done.

I took some velvety touch scrapbook paper from Michael's, plain brown gift bags in 2 packs from the dollar store, and card-stock to my Mom's cricut.

I did the girl's names in orange card-stock. The boys got green names and the alternate color in animals for both sexes. I really wish I'd thought to snap pictures of a girl's bag before the party. Bah! Learning experience, anyone?

I used simple crafter's glue stick to adhere everything to the bag, one layer at a time. It was a sticky fingered mess but the end result was cute and totally worth it.

Lastly, I cannot tie a ribbon bow to save my life. But Brandon sure can! He tied all of my bows for me. We took a $1 butterfly and frog punch from Michael's and punched the appropriate critter shapes for our ribbon threading.

I just printed the little Thank You tag out on creamy card-stock to match the scrapbook print and bordered it with the brown card-stock to finish it off.

I'm pleased as punch with the favor bags. They're so cute and so simple to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment