Wednesday, December 15, 2010

About Me: Day 06

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why

This is a tough one for me. I don't really read Superhero comics and the Hollywood renditions of them can hardly be used as a reliable source of the "truth".

Basing it off of movies, The Punisher was my favorite as a teen. I loved the vigilante approach, even if I thought it a bit gruesome. But then I made the mistake of picking up a Punisher graphic novel.

In the comics, he was insanely nasty to bad guys, which is supposed to be forgivable because they're bad, I suppose. But I stopped having an interest in his character as a result.

If I had to choose a classic superhero, I'd stick with Superman, I suppose. I adored Smallville as a teen, but I can hardly call myself a fan. I've really only seen the first couple of seasons and I believe the show has something like 6-8 out now. I have no idea what's developed since then. And once again, no comic book knowledge!

I'll also admit to enjoying the Batman Beyond cartoon. And Megamind is my favorite. ;) Super-Villian turned Superhero, yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment