Saturday, July 30, 2011

Small X on the Living Room To-Do

Remember this seemingly endless list? Well, I finally got around to the five minute task of trimming my decorative flowers! I'm not sure I'm in love with their height, but I know I like the new height better than the before.

Here's a glimpse of the height before (they came to just above the height of the cabinet!).

And here's a look at them now.

Another Look.

Overall, I'm pleased with it. My gripe is that this bucket holds umbrellas. I don't want to take away the easy access and functionality by filling it up with pretty flowers, but I don't love the hole in the bucket in front of the flowers. *sigh* Something to ponder.

I really want to add some navy stripes on the top of the bucket and repaint the white because it's got scuffs and marks. That could very well be the next small project I take on in the living room. We shall see.

Living Room Still To Do:

- Hem the bottom of the curtains so they're at floor, but not piled up -- eww.
- Finish tie-back for the blinds
- Repair the water damage on the wall under the AC unit (go bad landlord!)
- Move the boxes to the left of the media cabinet to storage
- Put new slipcovers on the sofas (when they get here -- agh!)
- Stain the furniture a nearly black color
- Add pillowcases to the throw pillows
- Acquire four more throw pillows

- Organize the media bookcase (buy some of these and store all of our dvd cases in storage -- cutting down on so much shelf space!) Update: We've bought two  four of them and want three more to finish compiling our storage.
- Make cloth "curtain" for the media bookcase
- Acquire some sort of decorative element for the lamp shelving
- Build onto entertainment center (as seen here)
- Build entry storage case (as seen here) We bought some ClosetMaid storage at Target
- Use extra paper from clock project to categorize the DVD storage cases.
- Finish pillowcases for new throw pillows
- Cut down dogwood branches in umbrella tin
- Get another basket for the shoe shelves
- Finish "word art" to hang above the shoe shelves
- Paint TV trays fun color like "Navy"
- Paint umbrella bucket with stripes (Navy?)

- Finish "H" art to fill in hole of shoe cabinet

No comments:

Post a Comment