Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cleaning Up My Clutter

We have a problem in our home. We're pretty good about cleaning regularly. We have a weekly clean date. We keep a mostly clean home, but for toys brought out daily. Well, here's our secret: we are awful in behind-the-door organization.
I cannot tell you how often I put things back into their place, but they just fail to stay there because nothing holds them here. On last Friday, B and I decided that had to end. We went to Target and bought some cheap organizational things and got to work. We nailed every one of our closets.

I didn't think to photograph before and afters until I got to the lower bathroom closet. But I'll tell you we organized tool boxes, got rid of excess blankets and sheet sets, refolded the linen closet. We organized our first aid closet with shelves for optimal space use. Our daily use hygiene stuff got a home in a $1 tote at Target. It's fantastic now.

Onto the lower bathroom closet. These are hard to photograph because of the closet placement being at the narrow door entry. Here's the mess before.

Upper shelf

Lower Shelf

After a good deal of reorganization, here's the afters.

Right to Left Upper Shelf

Right to Left Lower Shelf -- the lower shelf is where I'm mostly storing our extra stock. I buy extras of things so we have them when we run out, rather than run out and need them. Extra shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, ect.

Such an improvement! We've given a makeover to all of our kitchen cabinets as well. I need to do the bathroom cabinets still and our master closet, but those can wait. This girl wants a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment