Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Present

For my birthday, I got the lens commonly known as the "nifty fifty." You can find it here on amazon. I also got a glass hoya lens cover to protect my little investment. You can find the one I received here.

I'm in love with this little jewel. I don't do flash photography anymore. I'm using natural light and no photo editing as it stands now. I adore the pictures this baby produces. They're beautiful! Here's some samples with my pets, who just don't get enough love on this blog.


Sophie. She's got an e-collar on because she was just spayed and isn't being good and leaving that itchy stitching alone. But I love the picture. Sophie's eyes are yellow.

Booger (Booghera). She's pretty anti-social with the camera. But she's a big lover to me. She was really put-off that I wasn't petting her while I took this picture.

Booger has brown in her right eye. Her eyes are green.

Jessie, the border collie. She's so pretty! And so hard to photograph well. She has an abusive past so by habit, she hardly makes eye contact, almost never has her tail out, and doesn't put her ears up often. I love that I managed to snag some happy pictures of her. She's a good girl.

Her nick-name from me is Pretty.

I love this lens. Now I just need to find a good telephoto lens that's great quality for an even better price. I know what I'm begging for from Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment