Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bright Laundry Room

Okay, so I know it's kind of silly to think about how you want your laundry room to look, but I'll tell you this:

1. I'm a mom with a lot of laundry to wash. It helps considerably to have counter space and organization!
2. I hate, hate, hate doing laundry. Having something bright and happy will at least make a drab, boring job a little bit less dreary.
3. I enjoy practical things that most builders don't consider in laundry room plans! I don't want a rinky-dink space or a teeny closet that hides only my washer and dryer, I want a small room that's practical but useful for space.

So here we go!

As always, you can click to view larger.

The picture middle row, middle down is borrowed from the blog: Casamacho. I adore the bright green walls and the reuse of a shelf from Ikea (after painting), placed sideways. I love the basket organization and the hand-made fabric "curtains" hanging to hide ugly cords. Gorgeous room, but fully practical!

The picture middle row, bottom is borrowed from Pioneer Woman in her Lodge postings. I absolutely love the window to bring natural light into her room (doesn't that automatically make a room more happy?). I'm also in love with her glass paned dresser with to-die-for counter space! Once again, utilizing shelving for anything you could need (laundry soaps, bleach, fabric softners, ect). Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment