Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TV Update - Living Room

Remember a while back when I mentioned wanting to update our current TV stand in all of its' dullness? You can see that here.

Well, that is no longer a case here! Brandon's Christmas present this year is a flatscreen TV. He's been wanting one for a very long time and we planned to get one on sale for Black Friday. Well, Costco has a great deal that my Dad recently took advantage of and has really enjoyed so today we decided to make the jump a little early. He's getting a 55" LCD HDTV. To say he's excited is a bit of an understatement.

But a new TV means a new stand necessary. I spent the better part of a hour or so online looking at Ikea, Target, even Walmart for a stand that met my criteria (or close to) at a price that wouldn't rival that of our TV. I finally resorted to google and found a website, tvstands.com. They offered wood furniture in color tones I'm looking for with a huge assortment with free shipping. The price ranges are quite reasonable compared to the other places I was looking to shop.

My criteria:

- Cabinets (I want to "hide" our xbox, cable box, and DVD players)
- Open shelving for some decorations
- Black or very dark finish
- Must have some height
- Any hardware must be silver
- Must be at least 60" for dead table space on either side of TV
- Price must be below $300, preferably less than $270

I ended up settling on this:

I can handle the tinted cabinets over just clearly see-through ones. I love the space for storage and for electronics. I think this TV will fit into our house quite nicely. Now, if I can just talk the boy into refinishing my other furniture to match!

Now, we have a 55" TV sitting on the floor of our living room while we wait on a stand to arrive.

I'll post pictures whenever we get around to assembling our new stand and settling our living room again.

No comments:

Post a Comment