Friday, November 23, 2012

Planning Family Portraits -- Winter 2012

Well, I'm working on compiling some mood boards for family portraits. We're taking them on November 30th and I'm really hoping we'll be able to find some snow to play in. Living in central California does have its' drawbacks -- especially to those who enjoy fluffy white winters.

Here's the color scheme:

Navy blue, merlot/wine, white, gray, and black.

Without further ado, I'll post a board of the family member and any relevant picture sources below.

Brandon's planning board is the most incomplete. That's because he hasn't given me feedback on a hat/scarf or what shoes he wants to wear. Additionally, he'll be using jeans we own (or buy from the local thrift store -- Deseret Industries) and we have yet to pick or buy a dress shirt for him. The only set-in-stone item on his planning board is the sweater and it's in the mail on its way to us.

Shirt Source
Pants Source
Sweatshirt Source: Kohl's

My mood board is missing my top - kind of. I purchased a gorgeous merlot colored sleeveless cowl-neck sweater at the thrift store. It is so soft and beautiful. It's from Forever 21. I believe that the picture below is the same sweater I have, but the flash on the camera is misrepresenting the true color which is more like the yarn to the right side. The two hats on my board are inspiration photos. The yarn to the side is actual colors of yarn we've purchased to make a hat/scarf for Cole and me. The two jeans are jeans that I own but have yet to decide between on photos. And the boots are some I'm going to look for in store tomorrow.

Fluffy Hat Source
Beanie Hat Source
Sweater: I seem to have lost my source for this (if anyone knows it, let me know and I'll add it) but the shirt is Forever 21
Thermal Shirt: Kohls
Earrings: Kohls -- These are so much prettier in person than in the photo
Right Jeans: Kohls
Left Jeans: Kohls
Boots: Target

Merlot yarn swatch: Red Heart's "With Love"
Gray Heather yarn swatch: Red Heart

Edited to Add: A picture of my actual earrings

Cole's planning board -- The hat depicted is again optional and not true to purchase. I'd like to have my mother create that hat with the primary color being merlot (yarn depicted to right of hat) and the stripes being in the gray yarn to the right of the hat.

Hat Source
Turtleneck: Kohls
Sweater: Kohls
Pants: Target
Boots: Payless

Merlot yarn swatch: Red Heart's "With Love"
Gray Heather yarn swatch: Red Heart
Collin's planning board -- Everything on Collin's board is cemented with the exception of the dress shirt. They were sold out in his size! We're planning to scavenge for a dress shirt at the Deseret Industries and I have high hopes for success as dressy clothing is in no short supply there.

Fedora: Children's Place
Infant Peacoat: Old Navy
Infant Dress Shirt: Children's Place
Infant Sweater: Children's Place
Infant Slacks: Kohls
Infant Shoes: Payless

I'm always so excited to see the photos come together. It's going to be a lot of fun to have another person in our regular family portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment