Thursday, June 2, 2011

Updates to the House!

As you may recall, here was my mock-up of what I'd ideally have near our front door. We found something very similar at Target. These in Espresso. We bought three of them, but didn't install the shelf on the top one so we could instead place baskets for jackets or other like outwear.

Excuse the messy photo. I truly couldn't wait any longer to take one. I'm disappointed that the shelves aren't centered on the wall, but since there's carpet and linoleum there, it wouldn't be level to have one "foot" on and off. I'm thinking about bugging B to move it to the edge of the carpet so it looks better.

The white tin has ugly flowers on it so we'll be repainting it. I'm thinking about adding 1 or 2 navy stripes to the top. It will hold our umbrellas. The small wooden bit on the top right is a "welcome sign". I have my silver feather plate next to it to hold wallets and keys. The white rectangle is a light from IKEA. Love it. It matches our corner lamp well.


This is a preview of our slipcovers! As I thought, they're a little sandy tan, but I can handle that. It's such an improvement to the mismatched sofas. We need to do work to get the wrinkles out and I need to smooth them out and tuck them in good to keep them tight.

Then I will be posting an after picture!

By the way, you can see a TV tray behind the sofas. I'm seriously thinking about painting them a fun color like navy for the living room. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment