Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Crafting

I almost always have a craft I'm working on. I'm absolutely in love with blogs that DIY! Even better is the day I find a blog that DIY's but also has a blogger that has my sense of style or taste.

My favorite DIY'ers as I expand on the blogging world:

white waxflower
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Living with Lindsay
Casamacho

My main three projects are:

1) A heart wreath that I got inspiration from Little Birdie Secrets. Really simple to make, and I love how it's coming out. Her directions are here.

I've found that using a metal food skewer to pre-poke a basic hole and then wrapping, and inserting, is a lot less stressful on your hands. It seems to go faster. My little wreath is over 70% done.

I have also taken to wrapping them in a unique folding pattern which gave it a swirly, more flower like look.

My camera took a dump. It's not going on the door this year since school and life didn't grant me enough time to tackle it in entirety. But I love how it's coming out. Pictures coming soon!!

2) A door hanging/wall hanging, fabric heart with a little "kite-tail". This craft was inspired by the wreath but entirely my own. It's a small styrofoam heart that I've taken to doing 1 1/4" fabric squares on. I'm covering the whole thing in entirety. I'll then hang little hearts, painted, from the bottom like a kite tail. It's cute and mostly finished.

3) Scrabble tile pendants! I have all the makings. All that I need to do is get the printing done and start in on the work. You can see directions for making them here.

Pictures from Designs by Linda Nee

No comments:

Post a Comment