Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Gift doubling as a Etsy Review

My family is large and continues growing between the children and the significant others'. Our core family is six people large. There are now three grandchildren in the family. Three of the children (myself included) are in relationships. One of those relationships has two children which totals out to five children, nine adults.

My family opted to buy each of the children a gift and do a secret santa between the adults. This saves money at Christmas and enables each of the adults to funnel more money into a nice gift for one adult rather than a bunch of small gifts over all of the adults.

But I still wanted to get my parents small gifts so I decided to give them thoughtful gifts from my children. My dad is hard to buy for but my mom is much easier. She has a Shetland Sheepdog and she is absolutely, irrevocably obsessed with her dog. I made her a plate with his silhouette for Mother's Day years ago.

Additionally, she has a cat. The cat and dog are often cute together although less often now that they're both grown. I wanted to give her a memento now that her dog is getting much older. I stumbled upon ClayGreys etsy shop.

Emily does custom ornaments of dogs and cats. She's even done turtles and hedgehogs. I sent her the following photos.

Scout

Phantom

Them together when we first got Phantom.

And again when they were a little bit older.

The instructions I gave her was to have Scout laying down with his head up and Phantom sleeping between his paws.

This is what I received.

Isn't it just perfect?

I mean the long fluffy fur would be hard to replicate adequately, but the coloring and markings are spot on.

I couldn't be more pleased. I am especially in love with the shiny, "wet" nose.

My communication with Emily was very comfortable, professional, and friendly. Her pricing was fantastic and reasonable. I felt that the item arrived in good time given it was a custom order. I'm already itching to buy more from her and wishing I could somehow reason it away with Brandon. I'm itching to have custom ornaments made of our past pets and our current ones. It's definitely on my to do list in the near future.

You can find Emily's etsy shop here. Her facebook page is here. It has so many more photos of her work and it's always beautiful. I'm especially in love with her little Scottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment