Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mother's Day

Trying to decide what to get my mother who has everything! I came up with this: I'm working on my craft glass plates. My mother is a crafter extraordinaire. She's also absolutely in love with her Sheltie and very sad that he is getting older.

I decided to make her a silhouette of her dog, Scout. He's a beautiful guy.



I wanted to make it a distinguishable picture of a Shetland Sheepdog though. So I took a picture of him in real life and once again, used paint to get rid of a background and blacked in Scout's form.



I used white board marker on the front of the plate for my stencil. Then painted in the back. I could just wipe off the marker on the front after filling it in for my base. I'm on the fourth coat and it's still able to be seen through when held up to the light so I'll need to add 2-3 more coats before finishing it.

It's my favorite piece so far and I think it's coming out beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment