Monday, August 1, 2011

Bathroom Art

I went to the Dollar Store in search of glass stones today -- more on that later. While in the decorative aisle, I decided to swing past the frames just because. I saw these pre-made art pieces. They are framed in a large bit of "black matting" and then had cheap plastic framing the whole thing.

I pulled back the plastic to see if the image could be used. It could. So I dismantled the frame (at my Mom's or else I'd have pictures of the before). I then took some dollar frames I snagged at the store. Cutting away the black matting, I was left with the image.

I originally intended to hang them above my towel rack since it's dead space, but they're too small. I set them on the counter to see how they look...

and I liked it. I think they found their new home. Prior to these two pictures, the only art in our bathroom is the corner you can see in the last picture on the upper right.

Isn't that bathroom counter extremely long? Our bathroom is practically a hallway in length. I really want to find a rectangular framed mirror that is ornate to hang above the towel rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment