Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jungle Barrettes

When I was planning somewhat personal party favors for Cole's birthday party guests, I came to a stumbling-point. What party favor could I possibly offer to a nine month old that was reasonably priced and not a gift?

I finally decided on getting her some hair accessories that were jungle print (but the thought had never crossed my mind to MAKE them), perhaps a print piece of clothing or baby picture frame.

The other day, I realized I could MAKE Kyleigh her party favors. Or even make a set of print barrettes to wear at the party. I found some orange and black felt and set to work. Here's the results:
The top barrette was my first draft. While it came out cuter than anticipated, it was harder than expected. I had to tack those little strips down good and that took time and cramped space for sore fingers.

I don't like how close the two far left stripes are. Attempt #2 is the bottom one and I'm in love with it! I cannot wait to gift them to her Momma.

I'm in prep to make a zebra stripe set as well! Here's to hoping those come out as well. :)

(ETA: I found out that Kyleigh's room theme is jungle. How convenient!)

No comments:

Post a Comment