Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Damask B/W Office Mood Board

Disclaimer: None of the furniture pictured here is the exact thing I'd like to own. I took pictures of pieces I liked the look/color/feel of and added them as my inspiration. The exact items I like and want nearly identical will be listed in the break-down of the mood board.

I may eventually add actual color swatches to show the theme and although not pictured, I'd add pink/green embellishments to give color later on.

When B saw my mood board and ideas, he announced that he'd be having a masculine office separate from my own as he felt mine was too feminine.


This is my first mood board. I believe you should be able to click it to enlarge the photo. If the text is too hard to read, I'll make it larger in the future.

Library Nook:

1. Black Bookcase - I love the flow and elegance of this piece. I want almost all furniture to be black. I'd prefer real wood pieces that are just painted black. I also need multiple bookcases due to my book collection, so I'd like that this bookcase is three that belong together. Very simple, while being elegant and meeting my needs.

2. Cozy Armchair & Ottoman - I would like my bookcase wall to have a cozy corner for lounging around and reading. I'm a big-time reader (as evidenced by the bookcase needs!) and have always wanted my own nook for relaxing in comfort and just reading. The armchair would have to be in white or cream.

3. Floor Lamp - This floor lamp is beautiful (although the picture is small!). It's black base with a creamy white lampshade. The base is wrought iron and scrolly, while not being overly so and changing the tone of the room. A floor lamp is necessary for the cozy reading corner.

4. Cream Damask Chaise Lounge - Big fan of the color (although I'd likely try to match to the Armchair/Ottoman) and the print is beautiful and elegant. I especially love the old fashioned wooden feet. I've always wanted a chaise in my library so this room is no exception!

Room Basics:

5. White Crown Molding - To attain the elegant feel I'd like for my office, I want to do crown molding around the top of the wall/ceiling of the room. I'd have to search patterns and see what my actual furniture looks like to determine the actual pattern of molding I choose.

6. Damask Cream Wallpaper - I love wallpaper. I love it even more when it's not OLD OLD looking wallpaper. I really would love for the upper portion of my room to be done in a creamy damask pattern. In this way, it wouldn't be over-whelming but accented.

7. Wainscoting - I want to have at least the first four-five feet of my room in wainscoting. I think the look of wainscoting provides such an elegant touch to a room. It fits into my room picture.

Traditional Office Elements:

8. Filing Cabinet - I love that this filing cabinet is also shelving for decor, photos, extra storage space, and that it has a smooth top to decorate with decor or photos.

9. Desk - This desk is beautiful. It's simple while fitting my desire for extra storage/filing space. There's a large surface to work on. I'd likely use one half of the hidden cabinet storage for putting away my craft supplies so they're out of sight. I use a laptop, rather than a modem, which makes for convenience when crafting on that large desk surface!

10. White Parson Chair - I wanted a Parson's style chair for my office for as long as I can remember. I just love the simple clean look of them. I'd like a white covered chair with black legs. It's a personal dream.

11. Desk Lamp - Every desk has to have a lamp! I love, love, love this lamp as it's a perfect decor item or embellishment to a room that is going to be low on them. Beautiful black base with style, white lampshade with gorgeous embroidered flowers on it. Perfect touch that isn't matchy-matchy but coordinates perfectly.

Extra Decor:

12. Bulletin Board - I love this bulletin board. It's damask fabric in small print, black and white, tacked to a board and framed with a simple but elegant black frame. Beautiful way to accent my black furniture on my walls! I'm in love with it.

13. Bulletin Board Revamp - I would DIY my bulletin board just like #12, but I'd add the cute silky ribbon lines as seen on #13.

Window Wear:

14. The office window would have thick white sheers for curtains, with beautiful black lace (barely embellished damask!) sheers to go over them for embellishment.


This board doesn't include throw pillows, but I'd likely add colored ones to give bursts of color. Such as pink accented with green. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment