Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Critters!

These are my critter barrettes. I wish I could post a pattern but I just eyeball what's in my head and cut. If I'm satisfied with the result, I use that piece to measure the others needed. This is Ladybug Take #1:
Overall, I'm satisfied with the result. This is Kyleigh's set. As always, there are two barrettes that match, I only photograph one.

This is Ladybug Barrette #2:
As always, I try to do minor improvements as they come to me. I changed to one bead spot rather than two per spot as seen in Kyleigh's version. I also added a little black tacking up the split in the wings to highlight them better and a split in my leaf with light green tacking. I absolutely love this barrette.

This is my Fish Barrette #1. You can barely see it, but I added two small blue beads for bubble by the fish's mouth. I drew inspiration for this, but did not use her pattern, from this blog by Pink Tea.
This is Frog Barrette #2. Frog Barrette #1 had the tongue attached visibly by sewing the bottom lip. I didn't like that result as I'm still learning to be neat and tidy on hand stitching. This guy was completely in my head and came to life. I made adjustments as I worked him over. I'm incredibly happy with this guy in person. This picture doesn't do his colors justice.

Future Critter Barrettes will include a Butterfly, Panda, and possibly Dragonfly. We shall see how those turn out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment