Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Special Event Barrettes?

My best friend (Kyleigh's mother) recently announced that she's planning her wedding. She's said that she wants to do a classic but modern, bright and happy wedding, with white as her main color but accented with bright pink and orange.

I randomly checked my felt stash and happened to find a lot of hot pink and orange. Here's the result:


I'm not confident enough to think she'll use these for her daughter at her wedding, but I'm really happy with how they came out. I love the polka dots especially. Before I tacked them down, I wasn't happy with them at all.
The flowers barrette was a hassle. They were laying flat and I didn't like that. It was too blah for me. So I used thread and pinched two petals together and threw some thread between before pulling it taunt until I was pleased with the height. They came out really cute. Although the picture really doesn't do that justice.

(ETA: There may be more flower ones coming soon. Although they won't be event special.)


No comments:

Post a Comment