Thursday, November 29, 2012

Family Ornaments

We try to make an annual trip to Apple Hill. It's a circuit of apple farms in Placerville, California. Honestly, there are a lot of great farms but there are some that are less impressive. Brandon, Cole, and I have a favorite farm. There are lots of private vendors selling various crafts there.

When we went after a Christmas tree in 2010, we found a vendor that makes these custom family trees. She has ornament bases or stand-alone bases for her craft. There are probably a hundred different heads with tons of different hair colors and skin colors across female and male bodies. They come in four different sizes. She even has pets!

When we visited Apple Hill again this year, we knew we needed to get an updated family ornament.

Here it is. She told us she could do glasses and bent the little wires on the spot for us. We got blue for Cole as he wears blue glasses and black for Brandon.

I love her ornaments and I want to make a little family tree for both Brandon and my parents next Christmas. She does large scale family trees so this is a possibility.

This time, I grabbed her business card. She said she takes orders by phone or e-mail.

For reference, on the tree ornament -- Brandon and me are a large sized head. Cole is medium and Collin is small.

Her name is Lila Anderson. Her phone number is 916-944-2255. Her e-mail is lila_bill@yahoo.com. I've never placed an order by phone or e-mail so I can't speak for how smooth that is but she's always been very easy to work with in person. In my experience you pay by piece with a flat rate on them. I feel good about the quality of these and love supporting a crafter! I'll continue buying our family ornaments as we change and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment