Monday, July 28, 2014

Sisal Rug Remnants from Sisalrugs.com

When we installed shelves for our cats, we knew we would need something to place on them so that they wouldn't be slippery and a potential falling hazard to the cats.

While researching for cat friendly surfaces, I stumbled upon sisal. Sisal is natural, easy to clean, very durable, comfortable to walk on, great for indoor/outdoor use, and apparently cats love to scratch it and it is often used in scratching posts for cats.

Couldn't sound much better, could it? Well, I was on a quest for sisal when I stumbled on sisalrugs.com and discovered that they sell remnants! The remnants vary in size but they guarantee a minimum width and length.

You can only order the remnants in 10 lb quantities for $24.99. The order doesn't guarantee a specific thickness of the weave or color, but all of the remnants come with a non-slip surface applied to the bottom.

I ordered way too much (hah!). I believe I ordered somewhere close to 30 lbs of remnants. We have 4-5 rolls left of the stuff and I plan to make my own scratching posts for the kitties and considered distributing it to fellow cat owners or saving it for potential shelf expansions.

The remnants were of high quality. They function perfectly for the shelves! I simply laid them across the shelves after they were measured and cut to size. They don't slide very much and require little attention. We've had them up for over six months and there is no obvious fraying (despite daily abuse).

During the information gathering process, I e-mailed the company to ask questions. The response was very fast and incredibly polite, offering further assistance if new questions arose.

I'm very pleased with my experience with sisalrugs.com and look forward to using them in the future for my cat and human sisal needs! I would highly recommend using their services if you're in search of sisal rugs or remnants.

No comments:

Post a Comment