Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Twisted Photo Clock













So we were browsing the local Goodwill and ran across this puppy. The box had a Kohl's sticker and retail of $29.99. We paid a whopping $8.99 for it. Initially, we planned to put pictures in it, but the more I thought about it, the less I wanted it to showcase pictures.

B wasn't really on board with my idea: scrapbook paper of different colors and textures. He can't really see the big picture when I tell him my crafting ideas, but he trusts me enough to let me try, within reason. I spent $8.67 on my shopping trip at Michael's and came home with 6 sheets of scrapbooking paper (I mistakenly thought I needed only 6 -- doh!), 2 packages of glowsticks for Cole, and 1 pack of alphabet stamps. So $3.00 of my purchase plus tax were not a result of my 6 sheets. But now I'm sidetracking.

I cut out one of the display pictures for my size estimator. From there, I cut one square of each sheet with about a 2 millimeter excess on each side for security. I used photo tabs to stick the paper pieces down to the display sheet (with all but that one cut out piece still intact as a single piece of paper).

I realized that I was missing two spots and raided my extra fabric for a beautiful upholstery scrap I bought at JoAnn's a year ago. It's the feathery looking white squares.

I'm in love with the end result. I can't wait to put my living room together!

A sneak peek, I envision my sofas in fitted white slipcovers (microsuede) with navy blue/grey/black throw pillows. My wood furniture painted black and the room accented with silver, grey, white, black, and navy blue. I'm very excited and have quite a few ideas for the room.

B was quite skeptical about decorating as he's very adapted to the current look and fine with mismatched couches and wood pieces but after seeing my frame project, he's agreed that a room over-haul is in order.

Oh, here's to converting my boytoy even more into the beauty of putting pretty things into your home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment